Home Enhancement Checklist
Information for Sellers
Before You Sell: Tips to Help You Sell Your Home Faster and For More Money.
- Mow and water the lawn.
- Trim trees and plant flowers.
- Store all bikes, toys and equipment out of sight.
- Paint or touch-up the outside of the house.
- Put potted flowers in the front.
- Get rid of unnecessary furniture.
- Clean closets and clear off countertops.
- Scrub all tile floors.
- Clean all carpets.
- Clean all windows and mirrors.
- Clean stains in all sinks and tubs.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Replace missing door or cabinet handles.
- Fix or replace broken appliances.
- Replace broken tiles in bathroom or kitchen.
- Paint if necessary.
- Discuss major repairs with your Sales Associate.
- Stop smoking in the house.
- Bathe pets and clean out litter boxes.
- Empty all trash, recycle bins, etc.
- Dry-clean drapes and shampoo carpets.
- Use baking soda boxes in smell-prone areas.
- Place flowers, potpourri or air fresheners around the house.